very strong disapproval or criticism of a person or thing especially by a large number of people
- the name was a by-word of scorn and opprobrium throughout the city
- They’re going ahead with the plan despite public opprobrium.
- …saw no reason why “secretary” should suddenly become a term of opprobrium among the politically correct…
- his films and the critical opprobrium they have generated
- If all of us punish the new usage with ridicule and opprobrium, maybe we can reverse this loss to language.
- You get nothing back but opprobrium, abuse, and ostracism.
- позор, посрамление, оскорбление