an act of giving up a job or position in a formal or official way; a letter which states that a person has given up a job or position; the feeling that something unpleasant is going to happen and cannot be changed
- She showed an attitude of quiet resignation to her fate.
- His pale face was lined with melancholy resignation.
- His loss of credibility led to his resignation.
- I heard about his resignation on the grapevine.
- News of his resignation broke yesterday.
- Religion consists in submission and resignation to the divine will.
- The ostensible reason for his resignation was ill health.
отставка, заявление об отставке, смирение, покорность, отказ от должности